Take plain old steak to another level with a simple sautéed mushroom sauce. This is quick, easy, and impressive.
- 1 8 ounce container button mushrooms, destemmed, cleaned, and sliced.
- 1cup dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- olive oil
- 1 lb steak, whichever cut you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a couple tbsp olive oil in cast iron skillet on medium-high.
- Place steak in skillet using tongs (it will spray up at you).
- Cook about 3-4 minutes per side, undisturbed.
- Bake on 350 for about 5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, heat half a stick of butter in stainless skillet on medium. Once the butter is melted, add mushrooms and cook 5-8 minutes, until brown.
- Add garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and cook one minute.
- Add wine, cook until reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Allow steak to rest a few minutes, then slice into 4 portions. Put in serving platter and pour sauce on top. Enjoy!
I served this with some crusty bread and Caramelized Brussels Sprouts.