- 1 butternut squash.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- salt and pepper.
- 1 heart romaine salad.
- 1 red onion.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, separated.
- 2 tbsp pine nuts.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and half the butternut squash, scoop out the seeds, and slice into cubes.
- Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Put on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Heat remaining tbsp olive oil in stainless skillet.
- Slice red onion. Once oil is hot, add onion and cook 15 minutes until golden.
- Toast pine nuts in dry skillet until you can smell them.
- Slice romaine lettuce and add all ingredients in salad bowl. Toss with Apple Cider Vinaigrette (see below) and serve warm.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/2 cup good olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- dried parsley.
- garlic powder.
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard.
- In medium bowl, whisk all ingredients except olive oil.
- Once combined, whisk in olive oil to emulsify.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve!