I love having a good, warm breakfast during the week, but I don’t always feel like making something every morning. Quiche is great to have in the refrigerator to quickly heat up and serve.
- 2 frozen deep dish pie crusts, thawed.
- 1 dozen eggs.
- 1 cup cream.
- 2 tbsp flour.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup chopped ham.
- 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Double wrap pie crusts with foil, do not press onto crusts as they will stick.
- Bake 8 minutes with foil on. Remove foil, and bake 4 minutes further.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream and flour until dissolved in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in ham and most of cheese.
- Ladle mixture into prepared pie crusts and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Let cool, and slice into 8 pieces. Can be kept in refrigerator covered with foil.
- This can be served at room temperature or slightly heated. Enjoy!