- 2.5 pounds pork loin
- 2 chipotle peppers from can, diced
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 8 oz. can diced green chills
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- When you have a free evening, put all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 3.5 hours, turning once.
- Once cooked, allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes, shred the meat with two forks.
- Move meat into a tupperware and ladle in some of the cooking liquid until moist. Put in refrigerator overnight to meld.
- When you would like to serve, reheat meat and serve on warmed flour tortillas with freshly shredded pepper jack cheese and Pickled Onion Relish.
Pickled Onion Relish:
- 1 and 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 small or 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat sugar, salt, and vinegar in small pot on medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place onions in a small bowl, and toss with vinegar solution. Put in refrigerator and toss every 15 minutes for the first hour, and then allow to sit, covered overnight.