Creamy Alfredo sauce is the glue to make this pizza really come together. Plus, it is really impressive when you have guests over and you create something this “complicated” looking, that is really so easy. Colorful and flavorful, this one is a crowd pleaser.
- 1 pre made pizza crust
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- parsley, for garnish
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add onions first and cook a few minutes until they begin to brown. Then add the peppers and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and allow to cook about for about 1 minute. Whisk in milk and combine until smooth. Add parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook about 5 minutes on low heat, and then cool until thick.
- Prepare crust brushing 1 tbsp olive oil over it evenly.
- Layer on Alfredo sauce, chicken mixture, cheese, and garnish with hot pepper flakes and parsley.
- Bake for 8 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, slice, and serve!