- 1 small loaf of french baguette, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 bunch basil, destemmed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handfull pine nuts
- olive oil
- 1 handfull parmesan cheese
- 1 mozzarella “chub” cut into small slices
- 1 large tomato
- balsamic vinegar
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Dice tomato and put into medium bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and leave on counter.
- Toast bread.
- Using a food processor, blend garlic, basil, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. While blending, stream in enough olive oil to make the mixture smooth.
- Spread on toasted bread and broil about 3 minutes.
- Top with sliced mozzarella and broil until melted.
- Top with tomatoes and serve!