- 2.5 lb chuck roast
- 4 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried garlic
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix up wet rub by whisking 2 tbsp olive oil and all spices together, adding more olive oil if needed.
- Massage wet rub into meat and leave on counter for about 15 minutes to get meat a bit warmed up so it doesn’t seize up when it is added to the hot pan.
- Heat remaining oil in cast iron skillet until very hot.
- Brown meat in skillet a few minutes on each side until caramelized.
- Place cast iron skillet in oven and bake for about 50 minutes (depending on thickness) until medium rare. You can, of course, cook it further if you would like; however, roast is really at its best at medium rare.
- Pull out of oven when to desired done-ness, let rest for about 10-15 minutes, slice, and serve!