Mashed potatoes with garlic and sharp cheddar, baked and topped with breadcrumbs and cheese. While too rich for everyday, this is a special occasion food at it’s best. Hallelujah!
- 1.5 lb red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and cut potatoes into even sized pieces. Put in cold water and bring up to a boil. Cook until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, shred up two cups of sharp white cheddar cheese.
- Mince 2 cloves garlic.
- In a medium bowl, melt 1 tbsp butter and toss with breadcrumbs. Mix in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Once potatoes are cooked, mash with garlic, remaining butter, salt, pepper, parsley, milk, and remaining cheese.
- Smooth into a casserole, and cover with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.