- 1 whole chicken, 4-6 lbs
- 4 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups brown rice
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken in large stock pot and cover with water, boil about an hour to an hour and a half, until cooked. Remove from water into large bowl and allow to cool until you can handle it with your hands.
- Once cooled, remove skin and bones, and tear chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, chop all vegetables and heat up olive oil in large skillet.
- Sautee vegetables until tender, add salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is removed from water, add brown rice and cook 35 minutes.
- Add vegetables, cooked chicken, a bit more salt, pepper, thyme and parsley to pot and cook another 5-10 minutes.